Mt. Zion College Prep 101 is a community program that assists high school students and their parents with preparing for college.
Mt. Zion College Prep 101 consists of several support teams; Community Service, Scholarship, ACT/SAT, Essay Writing and the College Selection Support Team. Through continuous research and several workshops our support teams are able to provide significant assistance to the students and their parents.
Mt. Zion College Prep 101 meets every 1st & 3rd Tuesday @6:30pm as well as once a month Scholarship Saturday workshops and ACT & SAT subject focused workshops.
Here’s a list of the areas that we address with the students and their parents within each of our sessions:
* Setting Goals
* Understanding the difference between the ACT & SAT test and its purpose.
* Scholarship Saturdays
* Florida Bright Future Scholarship Info Session
* Parent Portal Info Session & Account setup
* College Application Essay Writing Workshop
* Take Stock in Children Info Session
* Middle School Students – College Basic Pre-Level Workshop
* College Selection – Preparing, Applying, Research & Deciding!
* Knowing the difference between Regular admission, early application, early admission & early decision.
* Your Student Profile vs. College Profile
*Tampa International College Fair
* Time Management
* Knowing your study habits!
* College Tour
* HS Resumes
* Mocked Interviews
* Career Assessment Quiz
* Sticker Shock – Tuition Cost/The importance of Scholarships!
* Scholarship Saturday
* SPC Early College & Dual Enrollment Info
* Career Day w/a TWIST!
* Game On! – Athletic Scholarships Info
* What’s your status?
* Hidden Cost
* Credit Awareness
* SAT and ACT Practice Test
* SAT and ACT Test taking strategy
* ACT & SAT subject specific Saturday workshop
* Alternative post graduation options
and so much more!
FMI: Kathie Lewis
Be informed on all upcoming workshops & events join us on Facebook:
Mt. Zion College Prep 101
There are no upcoming events at this time.